Silicone Rubber (VMQ)
Silicone Rubber is ‘Best in Class’ for extreme conditions
Known for its non-conductive nature, good flame and water resistance, Silicone Rubber is a really useful and essential material.
This material maintains performance in extremes of temperature with a continuous working temperature range of -60 to 230. Combined with its hygienic properties, this makes it suitable for many key industries.
What is Silicone Rubber?
This semi-organic material we refer to as silicone has a very different structure to other available elastomers. Its unique structure provides material flexibility and prevents its characteristics from changing over a wide range of temperatures.
Other important features this material has strong resistance to include high temperatures, ozone, oxygen, UV light, moisture and fungus.
With a comprehensive list of features in which it excels, this is a highly versatile and well utilised material. Temperature tolerance, resistance to corrosive substances, an ability to maintain strength and vibration dampening are valuable characteristics.
SBR are recognised as a leading supplier of high quality rubber parts to the aerospace industry. The wide temperature range and ease of application make silicones the material of choice for many aerospace and outer-space craft manufacturers.
The healthcare sector use material properties that allow it to perform within many disposable and reusable medical devices. It can be exposed to a variety and frequency of cleaning agents and sterile processing equipment.
We manufacture silicone gaskets, sealants and o-rings, to name but a few. Review our rubber and silicone component categories.
Key VMQ material features:
- Silicone rubber has the ability to offer superior performance in a variety of extreme conditions
- VMQ's unique structure enables material flexibility and prevents its characteristics from changing over a wide range of temperatures
- Temperature tolerance and resistance to chemicals allow the aerospace and healthcare industry to benefit widely from silicone materials
Our product range includes:
• Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
• Hydrogenated Acrylonnitrile Butadiene Rubber (HNBR)
• Fluorosilicone Rubber (FVMQ)
• Hypalon® Rubber (CSM)
• Polybutadiene (BR)
• Butyl Rubber (IIR)
• Silicone Rubber (VMQ)
• Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR)
• Nitrile Rubber (NBR)
• Neoprene or Polychloroprene (CR)
• Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomers (EPDM)
• Fluorocarbon - Viton (FKM)
• Natural Rubber (NR)
• Sponge Rubber
• Compressed Non-Asbestos Fibre (CNAF)